The Olympics' Opening Ceremony is this Friday! Sounds like a good reason to celebrate. Why not have a potluck with food themed around some of the participating countries? We round up a good mix of recipes that should make for an excellent spread.
To be honest, the Olympics snuck up on me this year. I didn't realize the opening ceremony was this week until friends of mine invited me over their place to watch them. "Good idea," I thought. Then she said maybe we should have a meal with some international food - an even better idea. So here's a roundup of some great international fare you might want to enjoy as you watch the Olympics this year. Maybe you'll even be inspired to have a little party like us, it's not too late.
• Germany: German-style Soft Pretzels via Kitchen Trial and Error
• India: Spiced Chickpeas with Anardana via The Kitchn
• Italy: Peach and Prosciutto Bruschetta via The Kitchn
• Korea: Korean Fried Chicken Wings via The Kitchn
• Greece: Lamb Pitas with Cucumber Mint Tzatziki via The Kitchn
• France: Crepes (I'd make some with Nutella and fresh strawberries) via The Kitchn
• New Zealand: Light, Airy Pavlova via The Kitchn
• USA: Skillet Baked Chocolate Chip Cookie via Martha Stewart