The weather on Friday and over the weekend looks to be sunny and warm — anyone in the mood for a picnic?! We're definitely planning on pulling out our old picnic blanket and heading to the nearest patch of green for a lazy afternoon. And of course, we'll need some lunch to sustain all that relaxing!
Picnic-Worthy Recipes from The Kitchn:
• Farmer's Lunch Sandwich
• Cold Peanut Sesame Noodles
• Golden Beet and Barley Salad with Rainbow Chard
• Smoky Deviled Eggs with Greek Yogurt
• Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies
And from around the webs:
• Sweet Tea Fried Chicken from The Splendid Table
• Chickpea Salad with Lemon and Parmesan from Orangette
• Coleslaw with Caraway and Raisins from Real Simple
• Rye Walnut Rolls from Epicurious
• Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies from Martha Stewart
What are your favorite picnic dishes?
Related: Escapes: A Drink in the Park
(Image: Flickr member langalex licensed under Creative Commons. For other photo credits, follow the recipe links)