A basic vinaigrette is a reliable kitchen workhorse, dressing salads, marinating tofu, brightening up a bowl of grains or a salad of smoked fish. But that doesn't mean it has to be boring. Once you have mastered the basic recipe, vinaigrettes are a flexible, inexpensive way to play around with bold flavors. Fresh herbs, grilled citrus, garlic confit and bacon are just a few of the add-ins found in the recipes below.
• How To Make a Basic Vinaigrette
• How To Make a Basic Balsamic Vinaigrette
• Honey Pepper Vinaigrette
• Two-Minute, Creamy Salad Dressing
• Sherry Vinaigrette
• Grilled Lemon Vinaigrette
• Garlic Confit Vinaigrette
RECIPES WITH UNUSUAL VINAIGRETTES
• Quick Salmon & Couscous with Cilantro Vinaigrette
• BLT Salad with Bacon Vinaigrette
• Wheat Berry Salad with Blood Oranges, Feta & Red Onion Vinaigrette
• Grilled Cabbage Wedges with Spicy Lime Dressing
What are your favorite vinaigrette variations?
(Image: Leela Cyd Ross)