What were we talking about (and cooking!) this time last year? Well, there was a crispy banana sandwich with fromage blanc, plus other winter treats like cranberry tart, pig cheek salad, light chicken Parmesan, and warm farro salad. There was a big roundup of bright white kitchens, tips for quick breakfasts on the go, and good storage canisters for flour and sugar. Oh, and the Golden Spurtle too. Read on for these and more from this time last year!
Posts pictured above are in bold below, and in order from left to right and top to bottom.
• A great question: Looking for easy, portable breakfast ideas!
• Recipes and recipe reviews: raw kale and pig cheek salad, cranberry tart, light chicken Parmesan, warm farro salad, fava bean dip, the single beet lunch, borlotti beans in tomato sauce, and prunes stewed in port wine.
• A banana and fromage blanc sandwich. Yum.
• A really great book on beans.
• Good canisters for flour and sugar.
• Gallery of light, bright, white kitchens.
• Tagliatelle from Jamie Oliver, with spinach, mascarpone, and Parmesan.
• A dinner party in a tiny kitchen.
• The Golden Spurtle champion!
• Why isn't there any cheese or milk from pigs?
• 8 ways to perk up steamed vegetables.
• How to trim the fat off meat.
• A tour of a serene kitchen in San Francisco.
• See the entire archive from this week a year ago.
Previous Year Ago Lookback: 2009's Food Predictions and How To Stock a Vegan Pantry