All you need is a blender or food processor to puree the fruit and cheesecloth or a fine-mesh sieve to strain the pulp. From there, any ripe fruit is fair game. Play around with fruit and herb combinations, or try one of the recipes below.
ELSEWHERE ON THE WEB
• Peach Lavender Agua Fresca at the LA Times
• Strawberry Vanilla Agua Fresca at Serious Eats
• Cantaloupe-Basil Agua Fresca at Bon Appetit
• Cucumber Lime Mint Agua Fresca at Simply Recipes
• Strawberry & Rosemary Agua Fresca at Food52
• Pineapple Ginger Agua Fresca at Matt Bites
• Tamarind & Date Agua Fresca at Bon Appetit
What are your favorite aguas frescas flavor combinations?
(Images: Liz Vidyarthi)