It happens every year. I do the cranberry sauce for Thanksgiving and have a reinvigorated love affair with cranberries. I often reserve using cranberries in the kitchen for the holidays, but there are so many wonderful dessert recipes that use the tart, healthy berries in interesting and inspired ways. It came up at the Thanksgiving table this year: besides cranberry sauce, what do you do with whole cranberries in the kitchen?
The wonderful oatmeal cranberry cookie came up, but so did brownies, bundt cakes and steamed puddings! Here are a few recipes from our discussion; hopefully one of them will inspire you to pick up a bag of these ruby red beauties next time you're at the market.
Try a Recipe:
• Cranberry Walnut Streusel Bars - Gilt Taste
• Cranberry Cream Cheese Bundt Cake - Confections of a Foodie Bride
• Steamed Cranberry Pudding with Creamy Butter-Orange Sauce - Leite's Culinaria
• Cranberry Ice Cream with White Chocolate Chunks - Serious Eats
• Brown-Butter Cranberry Tart - Food and Wine
• Pear, Apple and Cranberry Tart Tatin - Eating Well
• Cranberry Orange Cheesecake - Better Homes Gardens
• White Chocolate Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies - The Naptime Chef
• Bittersweet Cranberry Brownies - Coconut and Lime
• Sparkling Cranberries - 101 Cookbooks
Related: Cranberry Curd Bars with Walnut Shortbread Crust
(Image: Confections of a Foodie Bride)