Feel like shaking things up this year? Here are six decidedly non-traditional pies that would nonetheless look perfectly at home on your Thanksgiving table!
1. Cranberry Tart from The Kitchn - Cranberries are great for more than just sauce! This tart is a nice alternative for those of us who don't like super-sweet desserts.
2. Grape Pie from Martha Stewart - Think of blueberry pie, except with juicy sweet-tart grapes instead. This pie is especially fantastic made with Concord grapes and other local varieties.
3. Buttermilk Pie from Food & Wine - You have got to try this traditional Southern pie at least once. Once baked, the buttermilk turns custardy and sweet with just a hint of tang. It's like crème brulée's grown up cousin!
4. Shoofly Pie from A Splendid Table - Rich with molasses and sweetened with a good dose of brown sugar, a slice of this pie will satisfy any lingering dessert cravings after your holiday meal!
5. Chocolate S'more Pie from Epicurious - You don't tend to see a lot of chocolate in traditional Thanksgiving desserts, and we've never understood why! Toasted marshmallow fluff over chocolate cream with a graham cracker crust will do the job nicely.
6. Pear-Butterscotch Pie from Epicurious - Pears cooked in brown sugar until it melts into a butterscotch sauce all inside a flaky crust? Oh, very yum!
Do you have a non-traditional pie that you like to serve at Thanksgiving?
Related: Creamy Decadence: Eight Ice Creams Perfect for Fall
(Image: Romulo Yanes/Epicurious)