Beets shouldn't be relegated to cold salads or simple roasted vegetable medleys. There are so many wonderful ways to use beets that span each meal of the day, so when readers asked for some new beet recipes that weren't your standard simple beet salads, we jumped at the chance to offer a few of our favorites. The nice thing about these recipes are their variety and the fact that many of them encourage using the whole beet. Making beet soup? Roast the greens for a healthy (and tasty) soup topper. There are ideas for morning, noon, and evening that cover a range from hearty to light and everything in between.
Try a Recipe:
• Mixed Berry and Beet Smoothie - New York Times
• Sweet Beet Pancakes - Oven Love
• Red Flannel Hash - The Kitchn Archives
• Spanish Style Beet, Carrot and Egg Sandwich - Food and Wine
• Chickpea, Beet, Apple Panini - Vegetarian Times
• Roasted Garlic and Beet Soup - Whole Living
• Beet Root Stir-Fried in Onion Garlic Seasoning - Food 52
• Beetroot Curry - Jeyashiri's Kitchen
• Beet Greens and Feta Pasta - CHOW
• Roasted Carrots and Beets with Porkchops - Serious Eats
Related: Warm Golden Beet Salad with Greens and Almonds
It's Reader Request Week at The Kitchn! This post was requested by ModestAlmond.
(Image: Emma Christensen)