It's a busy time of year. This you know. So every bit of extra planning goes a long way, and lately we've been all about a little breakfast prep the night before. That way, you wake up and put the coffee on, the kitchen smells delicious, and breakfast is done!
Many folks pull out the crock-pot around this time of year to make hearty stews, chili, and soups. But ours gets just as much kitchen play for morning recipes. With a dozen ways to jazz up oatmeal and numerous grains to experiment with, a slow-cooked breakfast keeps us going well into the afternoon. And we've just started to try slow-cooked egg recipes. Do you have any favorites? We'd love to try them!
Try a Recipe:
• Overnight Oatmeal With Apricots and Buttermilk - The Kitchn Archives
• Crockpot Whole Grain Breakfast Cereal - The Nourishing Gourmet
• Easy Apple Breakfast Cobber - Michigan Apples
• Slow Cooker Make-Ahead Sausage and Mushroom Scrambled Eggs - Betty Crocker (yes, this one uses that either much-loved or much-hated can of mushroom soup. We think they'd be just as fabulous if you left it out if you so please).
• Crockpot Broccoli Cheese Quiche - Danica's Daily
• How to Cook Perfect Steel-Cut Oats
• You Can Sleep In! Tips For Making Brunch Ahead of Time
(Image: Flickr member The Bitten Word licensed under Creative Commons)