As someone who has breakfast for dinner at least once a week, I feel that I am in a position of authority to say, "This book. Yes." Because no matter what hour you are eating, how could you say no to such dishes as Steak & Eggs Benedict, Bacon Fried Rice, and Cornmeal Pancakes with Braised Short Ribs? I say a very firm "yes" to all of the above.
• Who wrote it: Lindsay Landis & Taylor Hackbarth
• Who published it: Quirk Books
• Number of recipes: About 80
• Recipes for right now: Greek Baked Eggs, Cornmeal Cakes with Beer-Braised Short Ribs, Breakfast Sausage Ravioli, Bacon Jam, Moroccan Chicken Cinnamon Rolls, Mini BLT Biscuits, Bloody Mary Tomato Soup, Grapefruit Herb Soda, Bacon Old-Fashioneds, Bananas Foster Crepe Cake, Granola Cookies
• Other highlights: This book is truly about bringing the best of breakfast to the dinner table. All the recipes are distinctly meant for dinner — I might serve a few at brunch, but they don't come across as true breakfast fare. There are savory versions of breakfast staples, like french toast and cinnamon rolls, as well as many savory recipes made sweet with a touch of maple or a spoonful of apple sauce.
This is the kind of cookbook that makes me start thinking about throwing a dinner party. Many of the recipes are more elaborate than I'd make just for myself and my husband, but I'd certainly throw a Breakfast-For-Dinner Party and make an entire buffet!
• Who would enjoy this book? Fellow members of the breakfast-for-dinner fan club, folks who love entertaining.
Find the book at your local library, independent bookstore, or Amazon: Breakfast for Dinner by Lindsay Landis & Taylor Hackbarth
Visit the Authors' Website: Love and Olive OIl
Apartment Therapy Media makes every effort to test and review products fairly and transparently. The views expressed in this review are the personal views of the reviewer and this particular product review was not sponsored or paid for in any way by the manufacturer or an agent working on their behalf. However, the manufacturer did give us the product for testing and review purposes.
(Images: Emma Christensen)