Sweet or savory, vegetarian or not, light or filling - crêpes are truly the perfect vehicle for just about any sort of filling you desire.
Sweet Fillings - We like these by themselves or in combination with each other
• Nutella - Either straight or paired with chunks of banana
• Peanut Butter - Again either straight or paired with bananas...or chocolate sauce!
• Fruit Preserves or Jam
• Fresh Cut Fruit - Ripe bananas, fresh peaches, raspberries, and sliced cherries are favorites
• Ricotta - Especially with a little powder sugar mixed in
• Dulce de Leche
• Nuts - Roasted almonds, walnuts, and pecans
Savory Fillings - These certainly can be meals by themselves
• Sautéed Vegetables - Like mushrooms, caramelized onions, spinach, and roasted red peppers
• Pull Pork or Chicken - With or without some barbecue sauce!
• Fresh Eggs - Fried, poached, or scrambled
• Cheese - Goat cheese, bleu cheese, shredded gouda, cheddar, feta
• Beans - Navy, pinto, garbanzo, or black beans
• Picked Vegetables
• Sour Cream or Ricotta
What are your favorite kinds of crêpes?
Related: Lunchtime Crepes: Using Leftovers