Nothing says a summer afternoon quite like drinking iced tea in the warm sun. Even better: a refreshing early evening tea cocktail.
From fruity to floral to downright spicy, we have a few ideas to turn even the most basic iced tea into something porch-worthy.
While I often have iced tea throughout the year, there's something so wonderful about steeping it on the porch or windowsill -- growing up, this always indicated summer had arrived. Through the years, I've been known to add a little splash of bourbon or gin to a fruity tea, but in doing some boozy tea research, I realized there are much more inspired cocktails using this refreshing summer staple. So after you mix your next batch of iced tea, it may be time to become acquainted with what ginger, bitters, aromatics, and spices can do to it. And a little splash of booze, of course.
Try a Recipe:
• Sweet Tea Bourbon Cocktails - Joy the Baker
• Back Porch Tea - Saveur
• Watermelon Tea Cocktail - Samovar Tea Lounge
• The Leland Palmer - Bon Appetit
• Rooibos Tea Cocktail - Food and Wine
• High Tea Cocktail - The Food Network
• White Peach Green Tea Cocktail - Wine Enthusiast
Related: Summer Cocktail: Bourbon Mint Tea
(Image: Joy the Baker)