Earlier today we asked you about your favorite ice cream toppings. (Hot fudge and caramel are definitely the leaders!) Here now are our own favorites: 12 toppings, from peanut butter granola to boozy cherries, that dress up any ice cream into an indulgent sundae.
Here are a few past ice cream toppings from The Kitchn.
• 1 Balsamic Vinegar - Yes, that's right. A really, really good balsamic is amazing on top of ice cream.
• 2 DIY Magic Shell Sauce - Homemade version of a childhood favorite.
• 3 Whipped Cream - Cream on top of frozen cream. Oh yeah.
• 4 Salted Pistachio Brittle - Crack a few shards of this over some pistachio ice cream!
• 5 Honey Roasted Peanuts - Fancied-up peanuts. Great on chocolate ice cream.
• 6 Chocolate Curls - Great way to top a sundae.
• 7 Rhoda’s Peppermint Hot Fudge Sauce - Very yummy.
• 8 Boozy Cherries - Nora made these for her cocktails, but we'd love to try them on ice cream too.
• 9 Brown Sugar-Brandy Sauce - This boozy sauce is utterly delicious. Try it on ice cream!
• 10 Peanut Butter and Honey Granola - Why save granola just for breakfast?
• 11 Cherries in Red Wine - A rich, grownup topping.
• 12 Chunky Peach Pancake Topping - Not just for pancakes.
Look for even more ice cream toppings and buffet ideas tomorrow.
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits.)