We haven't been to a real bonfire party in a very long time, but we're thinking it would be so fun to throw one for an outdoor get-together. There are plenty of foods that could be served that put the bonfire to use:
- Baking potatoes wrapped in foil.
- Along the same lines, we love simple bean and cheese burritos wrapped in foil. Just throw the foil-wrapped burrito into the fire and scoop it out in a minute: the tortilla will be toasty and the inside warm. So simple and good.
- Hot dogs or brats are at their best over an open fire.
- Roast skewered veggies for a vegetarian alternative.
- End with s'mores, of course!
- And for a sweet alternative to s'mores, try grilled bananas. Cut slits in a banana (peel and all), insert chocolate pieces, wrap in foil, and roast on the fire. Peel it open in a few minutes for a warm, roasted banana with gooey chocolate inside!
While the bonfires we have attended have not been particularly food-oriented, we're really excited to try a bonfire menu for some outdoor eating on a cool night.