1. Scallop Ceviche in Tiger’s Milk from Gourmet - Tiger’s milk is the term for the spicy citrus broth left at the bottom of the bowl - a Peruvian hangover cure!
3. Rib-Eye Steaks with Chimichurri from Saveur - Argentina is well-known for their excellent beef. Green chimichurri sauce makes an excellent companion.
4. Colombian Empanadas from Nika’s Culinaria - Empanadas are a staple of many Latin American cuisines. We love Colombia’s savory deep-fried version!
5. Brazilian Fish Stew from Simply Recipes - This classic seaside soup is made with coconut milk and served over savory rice.
6. Aji de Carne from CD Kitchen - We would never have thought to put bananas in a savory meat dish, but this Bolivian dish sounds delicious!
7. Tomatican Soup from Big Oven - Hailing from Chile, this soup is filled with fresh tomatoes, corn, and lima beans.
What are your favorite recipes from South America?
(Image: Marcus Nilsson/Gourmet)