Looking back on this week
, we realized haven’t ventured very far into South America. Honestly, we’re just not as familiar with foods from countries like Chile and Peru. But we’d like to be! These recipes seem like a good place to start. 1. Scallop Ceviche in Tiger’s Milk from Gourmet
- Tiger’s milk is the term for the spicy citrus broth left at the bottom of the bowl - a Peruvian hangover cure!
2. Pasqualina from Tanterra Wines - As if the chivito weren't enough, here's another dish from Uruguay that incorporates eggs - into a pie this time, along with a heaping mound of greens.
3. Rib-Eye Steaks with Chimichurri from Saveur - Argentina is well-known for their excellent beef. Green chimichurri sauce makes an excellent companion.
4. Colombian Empanadas from Nika’s Culinaria - Empanadas are a staple of many Latin American cuisines. We love Colombia’s savory deep-fried version!
5. Brazilian Fish Stew from Simply Recipes - This classic seaside soup is made with coconut milk and served over savory rice.
6. Aji de Carne from CD Kitchen - We would never have thought to put bananas in a savory meat dish, but this Bolivian dish sounds delicious!
7. Tomatican Soup from Big Oven - Hailing from Chile, this soup is filled with fresh tomatoes, corn, and lima beans.
What are your favorite recipes from South America?
Related: A Taste of Brazil: 8 Recipes for a Brazilian Dinner Party
(Image: Marcus Nilsson/Gourmet)