A year ago this week we were talking about spring cooking and recipes, with a heavy emphasis on garden and ice cream. There was mint chocolate cookie ice cream, a review of a good ice cream maker, tips for windowboxes, and a cold-hardy fig tree. There was a tutorial on how to make a basic vinaigrette, and some great spring salads too. Here's a quick look back at The Kitchn a year ago this week.
Posts pictured above are in bold below.
• How many cookbooks is too many? (Or is that even possible.)
• A tour of a chef's at-home kitchen: Dan Kluger's Brooklyn kitchen. (Everyone talked about the plastic wrap.)
• Hanging a mint chandelier in the garden.
• Look at all these seeds!
• How to care for wooden utensils and spoons.
• Salad favorites: basic vinaigrette, rice and mixed greens with dates, cashews, and chickpeas, a sesame cabbage salad and green beans with walnut miso sauce. Really delicious.
Previous Year Ago Lookback: Chez Larsson's Kitchen, Drinks for Spring Picnics, Better Mashed Potatoes, and Color-Coordinated Cooking