Eating small at breakfast can mean a few different things. First, it means you can scale back and eat smaller portions. Alternatively, it means you get to try many things without committing to one full-size choice. Following this logic, I'll often get a few mini cupcakes or cookies in the afternoon instead of one large one, and I've been doing mini versions of favorite breakfast recipes at home, too.
Mini breakfast recipes run the gamut from sweet muffins to savory quiche, and can be wonderful for holidays when you want to set up a little something for folks to have in the morning without having a heavy meal first thing. We often choose one sweet and one savory recipe and have them with a big bowl of fruit or yogurt, and everyone from teenagers to grandparents seems quite content and satisified.
Try a Recipe:
• Mini Ham and Cheese Quinoa Cups (pictured) - Iowa Girl Eats
• Garlic Cheese Mini Biscuits - Zoom Yummy
• Jade's Mini Pancakes with Blueberries - The Food Network
• Vanilla- Glazed Mini Scones - King Arthur Flour
• Mini Breakfast Stratas - Modern Food
• Mini Goat Cheese and Mushroom Breakfast Burritos - Marcus Samuelsson
• Mini Mushroom and Sausage Quiche - Eating Well
• Chocolate Donut Holes - Smitten Kitchen
• Mini Coffee Cake Muffins - Martha Stewart
• Mini Pumpkin Muffins - Cilantropist
Related: Apple Cinnamon Mini Monkey Breads with Lemon Glaze
(Image: Iowa Girl Eats)