Over the past few months of citrus preserving, food swaps, and gifts from friends, we have amassed what seems like a lifetime supply of marmalade. Inspired to think beyond toast, we are starting to see the potential for marmalade everywhere. From breakfast to dessert and even drinks, here are some other ways to use the sweet and zingy preserves.
• Swirl it into oatmeal and yogurt: Using jam to brighten up our morning yogurt or oatmeal is nothing new, but for some reason we only recently tried marmalade – it's fantastic, especially paired with toasted nuts.
• Whisk it into salad dressings: Vinaigrette sweetened with marmalade is delicious on arugula, spinach or kale salads.
• Serve it with cheese: Okay, this does sort of fall in the toast category, but we love sweet, tangy marmalade on a crostini or tartine with creamy goat cheese.
• Drizzle it over a cake: The slight bitterness of marmalade can really complement a sweet cake. Faith is fond of this vegan Sticky Orange Cake with Marmalade Glaze.
• Sip it: Have you ever had a marmalade cocktail? We're intrigued by the Kinloch Plantation Special, a whiskey punch with marmalade and nutmeg. Get the recipe and learn about marmalade mixology at the Atlantic.
What are your favorite ways to eat marmalade?