Sandwiches are an obvious go-to lunch choice. They're usually simple to put together, quick and portable. But there's only so much weekday PB&J's one can eat, so we thought we'd pull together some ideas to help you move beyond the common sandwich.
The important thing for so many of us is that lunch be quick and portable. Jetting off to work or school doesn't often afford us the chance to sit down and have a home-cooked, fully balanced mid-day meal. Thankfully, we have spring rolls, frozen burritos you can take out of the freezer the night before, and turkey salad wraps. You won't find any slices of bread, but you will find a few new lunch ideas.
Try a Recipe:
• Wintry Spring Rolls Recipe - 101 Cookbooks
• Bacon Lettuce Tomato (BLT) Spring Roll - White on Rice Couple
• Make Your Own Freezer Burritos - Shutterbean
• Turkey Salad Wrap - Martha Stewart
• Mediterranean Quinoa Bowl - Sprouted Kitchen
• Creamy White Bean Dip with Pita Chips - PBS Food
• Bacon and Leek Quiche - Food and Wine
• Aubergine and Tofu Satay - BBC Food
• Spinach Frittata - Simply Recipes
• Vegetarian Dumplings - Smitten Kitchen
(Image: White on Rice Couple)