Salted caramels have been experiencing quite a heyday recently - and with good reason! They're delicious! But salted caramels are only the beginning. What about making blood orange
caramels? Or caramels made with crème fraîche
? • Blood Orange Caramels from Mattbites
- Still have a few blood oranges floating around? Definitely try this recipe!
• Butter Rum Caramels from Epicurious - Rum is such a natural pairing for the intense caramel flavors in these candies.
• Salted Crème Fraîche Caramels from I Made That! - Just imagining this tangy caramel makes our mouths water.
• Szechuan Peppercorn and Kumquat Caramels from Cooking Debauchery - Totally original. Totally irresistible.
• Pomegranate Caramels from Vanilla Garlic - Made with thick pomegranate molasses and then studded with toasted almonds and kosher salt. Yum!
What other kinds of caramels do you like?
Related: Kitchen Tools: A Candy Thermometer
(Image: Matt Aarmendariz/Mattbites)