Now don't get me wrong: I make fantastic pesto. I use lots of garlic, pine nuts, good olive oil, parmesan cheese and a little salt. And of course, lots of fresh basil. But I always rely on this exact formula. It's time to find new pesto inspiration in the garden and farmers market. Because while basil certainly reminds us all of summer and is reliably declicious in pesto and other sauces, there are other herbs and greens that are equally so. It just takes a little discovery.
Try a Recipe:
• Garlic Scape Pesto - Dorie Greenspan
• Cilantro Pesto - Simply Recipes
• Pistachio Mixed Herb Pesto - Alton Brown
• Watercress Pesto - Epicurious
• Garlicky Parsley Pesto Pasta - Saveur
• Cilantro and Pumpkin Seed Pesto - Eating Well