It's time to dust off your little canister of pumpkin pie spice. But wait just a second: its possibilities stretch far beyond baking a pumpkin pie. We like to use it in beverages and take it to the savory side of things with vegetable dishes and simple fall meals.
Pumpkin pie spice, a delightful blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves, has a way of taking a rather benign recipe and warming it up immediately. Whether it's starting out the day with a homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte or capping an evening off with Maple and Squash Pumpkin Pie Popsicles, there's a whole world out there beyond pie.
Try a Recipe:
• Pumpkin Cranberry Crunch Muffins - Back to the Cutting Board
• Pumpkin Pie Spice Martini - Food Network
• Pumpkin Pie Spiced Waffles - For the Love of Cooking
• Pumpkin Pie Granola - Cooking With My Kid
• Spiced Porkchops with Butternut Squash - Cooking Light
How do you use pumpkin pie spice?
Related: Recipe: Pumpkin Pie Spice Mix
(Image: Megan Gordon)