• Apple and Cheese-Stuffed Latkes: Latkes aren't just for Hanukkah -- apples replace potatoes in a twist on the classic recipe.
• Spelt Crust Pizza with Fennel, Prosciutto, and Apples: Thinly sliced apples as a pizza topping takes pizza to a new sweet and savory level!
• Pork Chops with Sweet-and-Sour Cabbage and Apples: You can't go wrong pairing apples with pork chops, and this version adds tangy cabbage and cider vinegar to the mix.
• Tuna, Arugula and Apple Sandwiches: Smooth tuna, crisp apples, and fresh arugula make for a crunchy take on the basic tuna sandwich.
• Braised Escarole with Apples and Bacon: Apples help cut the bitterness of escarole in this dish, with some crisp bacon to top it off.
Related: 5 Awesome Ways To Eat Apples
(Images: Sara Remington/Ancient Grains for Modern Meals; Emma Christensen)