We're anticipating some busy days ahead as we settle back into our fall routines. To keep both our spirits and our energy up, we've been gathering some fresh new ideas for grab-and-go breakfasts that travel well and won't make a mess. Sweet or savory, we've got you covered.
• Dorie's Jammers from Lottie + Doof - While perhaps technically a cookie, I say the jam and streusel topping makes these count as breakfast.
• Chewy Nut and Cereal Bars from Gourmet - Eat your cereal without a spoon!
• Frittata Bites with Chard, Sausage, and Feta from Epicurious - These can be made ahead and eaten warm or cold.
• Oat Cakes from 5 Second Rule - From Heidi Swanson's newest cookbook!
• Pancake Souffle Muffins from Fine Cooking - I'm thinking of skipping the syrup and eating this with a spoonful of jam.
• Savory Buckwheat Cake from The Edible Perspective - Such an interesting idea!
• Baked Chocolate Doughnuts from Lara Ferroni - A healthier version of the doughnut? I'll take it.
• Oatmeal Banana Pecan Cookies from Made By Melis - These hearty "cookies" will definitely keep us going until lunchtime!
Have you found a favorite new handheld breakfast lately?
Related: 10 Vegan Breakfast Ideas
(Images: Tim Mazurek of Lottie+Doof and Stephanie Foley/Gourmet)