In the fall and winter, I can virtually survive on hearty soups alone. These generally range from pumpkin and squash-based soups, to vegetable and chicken soups, to minestrone. But today it's time to look beyond minestrone at some inspiring substantial soup recipes that will fill you up and keep you warm throughout the season.
Try a Recipe:
• Beef Florentine Pasta Soup with Basil and Cream - Picky Palate
• White Bean and Pasta Soup - Bon Appetit
• Italian Sausage and Kale Soup with Whole Wheat Spaghetti - Kalyn's Kitchen
• Slow-Cooker Chicken and Pasta Soup - Real Simple
• Spinach and Egg Drop Soup - Food and Wine
(Images: Megan Gordon)