Figs are another of those ingredients that seems equally at home in dinner or in dessert. We love pairing them with strong cheeses in savory dishes and with honey in desserts.
• Roasted Fig Tartlets from Martha Stewart - These are made with fresh figs, but we bet we could adapt it to our dried figs.
• Sweet and Steamy Christmas Pudding from NPR - We’ve never actually made Christmas figgy pudding. Have you?
• Pizza with Figs, Prosciutto, and Gorgonzola from Epicurious - Sweet, salty, and savory all at once. Yum.
• Lamb Stew with Lemon and Figs from Bon Appétit - A bowl of this would be good right about now.
• Fig, Apricot, and Nut Biscotti from Leite’s Culinaria - Apricots being another favorite dried fruit, making these biscotti is a must.
• Prune and Fig Ravioli with Cinnamon-Scented Butter Sauce from Saveur - Is this dinner or is this dessert? Who are we kidding - we’d eat it for either.
• Fig and Ginger Truffles from the Food Network - Oh, these have potential for deliciousness!
• Grown-Up Fig Cookies from 101 Cookbooks - These are the fig newtons of our dreams.
• Figgy Scones from Gourmet - A quick and easy brunch recipe.
• Grilled Pork Chops with Marsala Fig Sauce from Rachael Ray - A quick dinner, but classy enough for company.
What are your favorite recipes with dried figs?
(Images: Martha Stewart and Leite's Culinaria)