Since this is Soup Week on the Kitchn, it seemed appropriate to dive right in with what excites us when it comes to what to put on top of your soup. Because so often that really rounds out the dish, no? While we love dollops of pesto and sauces, we focused on ideas with a little substance, character and crunch.
• Ripe Olive and Goat Cheese Toasts - Epicurious
• Potato Croutons - 101 Cookbooks
• Lentil Crisps - Food and Wine
• Parmesan Pita Crisps - Good Housekeeping
• Homemade Cheez-Its - Ready Made Magazine
Related: Soup Topper Recipe: Zesty Croutons
(Image: Megan Gordon)