Here are a few ideas and recipes we have:
• Baked Apples - We could add a handful of butterscotch chips to the brown sugar-oatmeal stuffing in our favorite baked apple recipe.
• Banana Bread - Ditto with this quick bread! Even better would be a handful of butterscotch chips and a handful of semi-sweet chocolate chips.
• Scones - Butterscotch would go nicely with tart dried cranberries, cherries, or any other dried fruit in a breakfast scone, don't you think?
• Brownies - Imagine dark chocolate brownies studded with creamy pockets of butterscotch.
• Quick Fondue - As long as we're eating the chips plain, we might as well melt them down and dip some pieces of fruit!
• Seven-Layer Magic Cookie Bars - We can't not mention these bars, right? Seven-layer bars were our favorite at family picnics and church suppers as kids.
What other ideas do you have for using up a batch of butterscotch chips?
(Image: Nuts Online)