We kicked off our Best Pie Bakeoff
last Friday, and now it's time to tell you about the prizes. Now - don't misunderstand. The main point of our Pie Bakeoff (and this whole month of pie coverage) is to share all our best pie tips so we can all have a star pie on the Thanksgiving table. But a few of the most charming entries will indeed win a pretty prize or two...
Best Pie Bakeoff Prizes
Two Category Winners
Here's what the two reader-chosen winners will receive for the best pie recipe:
• Pie plates: The winner of the Classic category will receive a Hess earthenware pie plate, and the winner of the Original category will receive an Emile Henry pie dish.
• A copy of Flo Braker's brand-new (and gorgeous!) hard cover book, Baking for All Occasions: A Treasury of Recipes for Every Celebration, published by Chronicle Books.
• A jar of Zingerman's very special, extra fancy Italian Wild Cherries. ($48 value). These would make an incredibly flavorful and special mix-in or topping for nearly any pie. (Great for cocktails too.)
Three Special Mentions
Our editorial team will choose three special mentions, and they will get:
• One Emile Henry pie dish.
• A copy of Flo Braker's Baking for All Occasions: A Treasury of Recipes for Every Celebration, published by Chronicle Books.
What we'll all get through the Best Pie Bakeoff:
• Lots of new pie recipes.
• Increased confidence and good ideas for holiday pies.
What are you waiting for? Send us your pies!
* P.S. For various reasons we cannot ship prizes to non-US locations. However, if you have a US address (of a friend or relative, say) feel free to enter using their address. Also, if you are willing to forgo your chance at a prize and enter just to share your pie, please email us through our contact form.