Nine times out of ten, if we're baking a cake, it's going to be for something special: someone's birthday, a new baby, a co-worker's retirement. We want it to be perfect and we definitely don't want to find ourselves in the midst of a baking dilemma halfway through the project. Bookmark this list: it has all our very best tips for making your very best cake.
EQUIPMENT AND SETTING UP
• Five Essential Baking Pans
• What is the Most Universal Size of Cake Pan?
• How to Line a Cake Pan with Parchment
• Grease and Sweeten Your Cake Pans
• Don't Use Butter to Coat Your Pans
• What is Cake Flour?
BASIC CAKE RECIPES
FROSTING AND DECORATING
• How to Frost a Layer Cake
• Cake Frosting Tip: Leave the Sides Naked
• How to Frost Cakes without Making a Mess
• Polka-Dot Cake: Smart and Easy Decorated Cake Idea
• Decorating Technique: Piping
• Three Tips for Writing Messages in Icing
• Crafty Kitchen! Online Sources for Candy and Cake-Decorating
What are your best tips for cake baking and decorating?