Ice Cream Chef: Kate
What inspired this recipe? I love anything with mint but there aren't many ice cream flavors out there made with mint as the base.
Tastetester comments and full recipe after the jump. Take a look, then vote here!
Mint Raspberry with a Chocolate Swirl
1 cup whole milk
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup half & half
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon peppermint extract
green food coloring
2 cups fresh raspberries
6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
1 tablespoon butter
Combine milk, heavy cream, half & half, sugar, and salt in a 3-quart pot. Heat over low heat until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and add in vanilla, peppermint, and green food coloring (to reach desired color). Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
Pour mixture into an ice cream freezer and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.
Meanwhile, melt chocolate and butter in the microwave until chocolate is completely melted. Stir to combine.
When ice cream reaches desired consistency add in raspberries. Then pour in melted chocolate and continue to freeze for 15 seconds. The chocolate will immediately harden creating big pieces of frozen chocolate swirled throughout the ice cream.
Spoon ice cream into a container and freeze for several hours.
Contest InformationGo here for the full scoop on the Best Lick! 2008 contest, including prizes, rules, and entry form. Submission closes the evening of August 18th. Get your ice cream maker going!
The Entries So FarHere's a list of all the entries so far. Click the thumbnail to go to the entry.
• Roasted Apricot Ice Cream with Almond Praline Ripple
• Chocolate Gelato with Salted Caramel Pecans
• Coconut Peach Ice Cream with Toasted Almonds
• Cinnamon Raisin Bagel Ice Cream
• Blueberry Brie Tart Ice Cream
• Grape Ice Cream
• Basil Infused Ginger and Cinnamon Ice Cream
• Rosemary-Lime Sparkle Ice Cream
• Mango Lassi Frozen Yogurt with Pistachio Biscotti Bits
• Visions of Sugar Plum Ice Cream
• Cherry Cheesecake Ice Cream
• Apple Chardonnay Ice Cream with Bulgarian Sheep Cheese
• Mint Raspberry with a Chocolate Swirl