Over the holidays we are reviewing the past year at The Kitchn, and we wanted to revisit each of the past 12 months and their themes. First up: January! In January we turned to lighter, refreshing foods after the feasts of the holiday season — and to soups in particular. From favorite soup recipes to fresh and easy snacks, here are 15 tips, recipes, and roundups from January to help you eat lighter, healthier meals that refresh and nourish.
• 1 Agave Nectar: Healthful or Harmful?
• 2 8 Soups to Fill You Up Without Weighing You Down
• 3 Alton Brown on Eating at Home and Eating Light
• 4 Quick and Light: 14 Ideas for Fresh and Easy Snacks
• 5 10 Baked Goods That Won't Weigh You Down
• 6 Warm and Restorative: Favorite Soup Recipes
• 7 5 Ways to Make a Weeknight Meal Out of 1 Single Vegetable
• 8 Beets to Cabbage: 20 Recipes for Roasted Vegetables
• 9 15 More Ways to Flavor Roasted Chickpeas
• 10 Eating at the Office: Pack a Lemon in Your Lunch Bag
• 11 Mid-Winter Blues: 10 Sunny Recipes for Dreary Days
• 12 Recipe: Lemon Garlic Chicken
• 13 Looking Good: Baked Sweet Potato Fries
• 14 Making Smoothies: Easy Tips from Alton Brown
• 15 Fresh and Flavorful: 15 Light(er) Recipes from the Kitchn
* * *
Welcome to The Kitchn's end-of-year roundup! We are rounding up some of our favorite (and your favorite) posts from the last year, including lots of recipes. We are also shaking out our reader mailbag, and giving you a few more great guest posts from our friends.
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits)