Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Akron, OH
- United States
- About my kitchen reveal:
- I redesigned my small space from drab, ugly, and non-functional into a space specifically customized for my style of cooking. I scored a floor model professional 6 burner range and had my contractor build specific pieces to house things that I did not want cluttering my beautiful granite countertop. I altered the footprint by turning a door into the former dining room into a pass-through, and switched the dining room to an adjoining small family room.
Click through to see more After photos!
- My best tip for a successful kitchen makeover:
- Spend some time reviewing your cooking process and figure out as part of your design where to store things so that they are where you use them, ie your dishes are stored near the dishwasher, baking supplies are together. Large drawers are so much easier than base cupboards for getting things in and out easily. I designed a pull-out shelf to go below my microwave to place hot items on and it's one of my favorite things.
- My favorite meal to cook in my kitchen:
- I'm a savory cook vs a baker and I love being able to easily can on my 6-burner range with the built-in pot filler faucet. Makes preserving my garden's bounty a breeze. I love that everything has its place and I no longer have 4 dead corners of unusable space.
See all entries