- Toronto Canada
- About my kitchen reveal:
- After an initial attempt to brighten our kitchen and make it more livable by painting the cabinets with leftover grey wall paint, my husband and I took on a renovation of the space to make it more liveable (hence the difference in some of the before shots). The cabinets were dated and cheap, made out of chip board and a stick on brown veneer - often held on with scotch tape! We had everything removed, including the bulkheads, and installed everything new, from the floor up. The cabinets and counters flow seamlessly with the finishes in the rest of the house. Removing a portion of the wall next to the dining room where the range was, gave us a huge counter space to work on; something we didn't have before. There is now so much natural light in the kitchen, all of our added lighting often isn't needed! The only downside - I need to start again as we have to move...
- My best tip for a successful kitchen makeover::
- When possible, hiring a reliable contractor does wonders - especially when you are pregnant!
- My favorite meal to cook in my kitchen::
- It isn't what I like to cook, but with who! With the added space and slight tweaks to the arrangement of things, my husband and I can now use the space together along to make meals and the next day's lunch at the same time. However, if I had to choose a food item, it would be strawberry shortcakes. Hey, 'tis the season!
More posts in The Big Reveal
KitchnVideo of the Day