Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- West Tisbury, MA
- United States
- About my kitchen reveal:
- We did a complete gut and remodel of the kitchen. It is in the house we bought this past December 2013. It is the same house we rented 18 years ago when we first moved to Martha's Vineyard. We knew the house and what we wanted to do with it to bring it up to date and rescue it from years of neglectful summer and year-round renters. There was a linoleum floor that was removed and wood flooring installed that was woven into the existing living area floor. All ceiling cans were relocated to correlate with the new design. There is under cabinet lighting and lighting in the upper glass cabinets - all lighting is on dimmers. The cabinets are semi-custom painted wood cabinets by Cabico purchased through French Accent in Tisbury, MA along with the quartz stone countertops. The cabinet hardware: knobs, pulls and handles are all by EMTEK and were purchased online. Kitchen sink purchased from Vintage Tub & Bath. Kitchen sink overhead light from Rejuvenation.
Click through to see more After photos!
- My best tip for a successful kitchen makeover:
- It will cost MUCH more than you budget for and that's okay if you go into it understanding that! I cut some of the costs by choosing and buying my own plumbing and lighting fixtures and hardware directly, including the large sink and all of the appliances. Always get what you want from the start and be super clear and super organized about it all with your contractor/cabinet designer, etc. - this will eliminate regrets (or unwelcome surprises) later on. Live somewhere else while you are remodeling if you can - we did. I've been through the process of designing and building from nothing to several remodels over the past 15 years - all in my own home (yes - we've moved a little more than most!). I have always designed and chosen details, large and small, from my gut and heart - things I really love at the time.
- My favorite meal to cook in my kitchen:
- I cook anything and everything! The island and general flow of the kitchen allows two and even three people to comfortably work with and around each other with ample prep space and "areas". I love to spread out on the island with my big wooden cutting board and all the veggies from my CSA farm pick up (pictured is last week's pick up all over the kitchen!). Cleaning the veggies in the ample sink with all the space to spread out makes it a joyful process, rather than a chore.
See all entries