Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Buffalo, NY
- United States
- About my kitchen reveal:
- My husband and I sanded and repainted the cabinets and added new drawer pull hardware, installed new floors, painted the walls, installed a new glass tile backsplash, and put in new quirky laminate countertops. We also moved the fridge out of the main area and into a pantry/hallway, freeing up more counter space and making room for a built in dishwasher (which we installed). We also put puck lights under the upper cabinets, new lighting in the kitchen and the pantry/hall, and convinced my mother-in-law to make new curtains for the sliding glass door. Pretty much, we redid just about every surface in the kitchen, and because we did almost all of the work ourselves (or with the help of talented parents), we kept to our small budget.
Click through to see more After photos!
- My best tip for a successful kitchen makeover:
- When refinishing and painting kitchen cabinets, make sure you have an area to work in where your dog can not get to! We have a little black dog, and I can't count how many times we found little black dog hairs on our freshly painted wet, white cabinet doors. Pickles (our dog) certainly made painting the cabinets more interesting!
- My favorite meal to cook in my kitchen:
- I like cooking, but I love baking! Since finishing, I've made half a dozen birthday cakes for my family members (I come from a family with 10 siblings). My rainbow sprinkle covered layer cake turned out the best.
See all entries