Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Madison, WI
- United States
- About my kitchen reveal:
- While we had a general contractor for the larger project, but we did a lot on our own: demolished the old kitchen, installed Wisconsin red oak flooring, found and finished reclaimed pecan wood countertops, poured concrete countertops and installed recycled glass tile. We had help with the cabinets (made by Menominee Tribal Enterprises from lumber harvested from an award winning sustainable forest located on the Menominee Nation Reservation and installed by our contractors), electrical (LED lighting), Aquatherm water piping and a few other odds and ends.
Click through to see more After photos!
- My best tip for a successful kitchen makeover:
- Only bite off a little more than you think you can chew. Make sure you can have a comfortable working relationship with any contractors you bring in (and good communication with your wife, husband or partner!). The internet is also a fantastic resource for anything DIY; we started off with minimal knowledge of home remodeling, but ended up feeling confidant of our work.
- My favorite meal to cook in my kitchen:
- We love cooking with and for our friends in our new kitchen. We can’t wait to start stocking the pantry with a new batch of canned goods this season, like roasted tomatillo chipotle salsa and horseradish dill pickles.
See all entries