Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Birmingham, MI
- United States
- About my kitchen reveal:
- This is the kitchen I've been dreaming about since we hosted our housewarming party in our old teeny tiny bungalow, 15 years ago! My husband and I hired a kitchen designer who acted as our general contractor. We worked within our original kitchen footprint to keep costs down and replaced the flooring, cabinets, countertops, lighting and one window.
Click through to see more After photos!
- My best tip for a successful kitchen makeover:
- As we'd never worked with a kitchen designer before, I was surprised to learn that he didn't offer much advice regarding, well, much. He designed the basic space - with suggestions/input from us - but then gave us no direction in terms of lighting fixtures and hardware. I'm not sure if that's typical or not.
- My favorite meal to cook in my kitchen:
- While I love my 6 burner cooktop, as an on-again, off-again pastry chef, the double ovens give me the most happiness! I'm looking forward to hosting our big family Thanksgiving dinner with space for side dishes and hot from-the-oven rolls!
See all entries