This little kitchen is located on the Upper East Side of New York City, and it has undergone quite a transformation. Just a few months ago it was completely gutted — a scary process for any homeowner, but especially for this one!
Once the kitchen was knocked down to the studs, as you can see in the before
photos above, the owner realized that she was overwhelmed by the amount of decisions she needed to make to get the job done. So she called in a professional designer to help (a good reminder that sometimes it's seriously helpful to get some outside help on such a big project). Francesca of Interiors by Francesca stepped in to help.
We've seen other kitchen projects from Francesca and this bears some of her trademarks: Light, sophisticated colors that open up the small kitchen, and a smart use of cabinetry.
"All the cabinetry was custom designed to maximize every square inch of the kitchen," says Francesca. "We carried through the custom stain wood floor into the kitchen for a modern look and easy transition from the rest of the space. We also incorporated recessed lighting through dropping the ceiling 4 inches, which provides the kitchen balanced and functional lighting. The end result is a kitchen that is bright, airy with a modern classic style that is not only beautiful to look at but also perfectly functional."
Of course, this kitchen has the distinct advantage, too, of a pretty view. That view continues in the adjacent breakfast room — so serene and lovely!
Colors & Materials
• The top cabinets are Dove White and the lower cabinets are Harbor Gray by Benjamin Moore.
• The countertop is Brazilian Quartzite.
• The backsplash is white glass tiles.
• The faucet is Grohe as well as the coordinating water filter.
• The 30" gas range is Dacor and vent hood is XO.
• The Refrigerator is Liebherr.
• Microwave is KitchenAid.
• The paneled dishwasher is Bosch.
More Kitchen Remodels from Francesca:
• Kitchen Before & After: A Total Tiny Kitchen Makeover
• Before & After: Elegant Gramercy Park Studio Kitchen
• Before & After: Bright and Tiny Studio Kitchen
• More information about Francesca: Interiors By Francesca
(Images: Courtesy of Interiors By Francesca)