- Overland Park, KS
- United States
- About my kitchen reveal:
- Our 1959 ranch kitchen recently received a major overhaul. My husband and I had help from our extremely talented parents and we were able to do almost everything ourselves, saving a ton on this project. We settled on a really functional design that combines cabinets and open shelving, allowing us to show off our Fiestaware while hiding the things we don’t want to look at every day. As a nod to our kitchen’s mid-century roots we used vinyl floor tile, globe lighting, and vintage style upholstery fabric for the cushions on the built-in banquette. One of the best things we did was to install a Julia Child inspired pegboard wall. It’s an amazing space saver.
- My best tip for a successful kitchen makeover::
- Penny tile is fickle and unforgiving. DIY with caution.
- My favorite meal to cook in my kitchen::
- We love making pizza. Our new quartz countertops are perfect for rolling out dough and the new oven gets crusts perfectly crisp and bubbly.
More posts in The Big Reveal
KitchnVideo of the Day