While it might not look that dirty from the photos, reader Rachel writes that when she and her husband, Robert, moved back into her childhood home after her father passed away, it took a lot of clean up.
"To say the house was outdated and dirty would be a massive understatement," she says. With some elbow grease and new fixtures and appliances this old kitchen is now barely recognizable.
Doesn't the kitchen look so much more up to date now? Here's the run down of all the changes Rachel and Robert made:
- Replaced tile flooring with solid hickory
- Put in new IKEA cabinets
- Replaced a broken window over the sink
- Added a new stainless steel sink
- Replaced the muddy granite counter tops with carrera marble
- Replaced the white subway tile back splash with a herringbone carrera mosaic
- Replaced the fluorescent light box with two new fixtures
- Replaced the fridge with a new French door Electrolux
- Replaced the old stove with a Bertazzoni range
- Replaced the old dishwasher with a Bosch
- Added Legrand adorne touch screen dimmers
- Painted and replaced door to laundry room
We especially love the herringbone backsplash tile, which came from Ann Sacks. Such a wonderful update to Rachel's childhood home.
Thanks for sharing your remodel with us Rachel & Robert!
Have a remodel or a DIY project to share with us?
Submit it here!