Feeling both festive and feisty? Try bringing one of these beers to your next holiday gathering and just see if you can't get the party started.
• Delirium Noël from Brouwerij Huyghe (10% ABV) - This pours a deep mahogany color with earthy spice aromas. The taste is all warming mulled spices and deep caramel sweetness.
• Old Horizontal Barleywine from Victory Brewing Company (11% ABV) - Toasty brown sugar flavors balance out the light smack of hops in this creamy brew. The alcohol will creep up on you!
• Oak Aged Yeti Imperial Stout from Great Divide Brewing Company (9.5% ABV) - Think dark chocolate and espresso beans with a dose of vanilla oakiness to smooth things over. Yes.
• Merry Monks Ale from Weyerbacher Brewing Company (9.5% ABV) - This golden tripel will make you merry indeed! It's packed with fruit candy flavors with a roasted nut backbone. Lots of complex layers to savor here.
• Butthead Doppelbock from Tommyknocker Brewery (8.2% ABV) - This right here is why doppelbocks are called liquid bread. It's so thick and creamy that you almost want to chew it and shot through with caramel, molasses, and dark toasted bread flavors.
What beers are you bringing to holiday parties this year?