Looking for something to eat for dinner tonight? It's a Wednesday, and it's the middle of a week after a holiday weekend. The fridge is bare and you don't feel like cooking something hot. Heck, you don't feel like eating something hot! Here are 7 recipes that will hopefully tantalize your appetite and keep you in the kitchen. We've got sandwiches, cool summer rolls, and a pasta salad or two. • 1 Cuban Sandwich - Simple yet hearty.
• 2 Vegetable and Mint Summer Rolls with Spicy Peanut Sauce - All that mint? Refreshing.
• 3 Kimchi Tofu Summer Rolls - Spicy and filling, but hardly any work.
• 4 Farmer's Lunch Sandwich - Crunchy and fresh.
• 5 Broccoli and Feta Pasta Salad - Light, tangy, and a good meal.
• 6 Tortellini and Spring Vegetable Salad - Creamy tortellini and a heap of fresh vegetables.
• 7 Garlic Greens with Pine Nuts and an Egg - Quick! Stir-fry some greens with garlic, and put a poached egg or fried egg on top. Yummy and easy.
If none of these recipes appeal to you, why not just pick up some good cheese and a loaf of bread on the way home from work? Make a salad, pour a glass of cold wine, and eat light and simple. We hope you're staying cool in the heat, and eating well tonight.
What's keeping you in the kitchen, these heatstruck days? What are you eating to stay cool?
Related: 10 Things To Eat — Even When it's Too Hot to Eat!
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits)