Easing back in to the kitchen after the whirlwind of the holidays? We have a few handpicked recipes to nourish you and brighten up these dark winter days, from a heart chicken minestrone to a skillet of pan-fried beans with Swiss chard. There's an Edwardian cake recipe to munch while you watch Downton Abbey season 2, and a deliciously creamy avocado and lime mousse for light, refreshing snacking.
• Hearty Chicken Minestrone
• Crispy Pan-Fried Beans with Wilted Greens
• Meyer Lemon Cherry Chutney
• Hot and Sour Mushroom, Cabbage, and Rice Soup
• Kitchen Garden Cake
• Raw Avocado Lime Mousse on Rice Cakes
(Images: See recipes for full image credits)