Pancakes and cupcakes are a huge part of the diet in my household, particularly on the weekends, when I have extra time to cook. One way to my fiance's heart is through his stomach and to get there, it takes a perfect pancake and a delicious cupcake. To save time and ensure each looks just as perfect as the next, I've been entertaining the idea of a batter dispenser. These handy tools can be used to dispense batter for pancakes, cupcakes, crepes, waffles, and more — and they don't cost an arm and a leg either!
• Batter Dispenser, $29.95 at Williams-Sonoma: Easy to load and even easier to dispense, this batter dispenser also has the ability to accomodate small berries, chocolate chips or other small additions to delicious treats.
• Kuchenprofi Stainless Steel Batter Dispenser, $24.00 at Amazon: Made from stainless steel, this Kuchenprofi dispenser is larger than the previous but also has a stand on the bottom so it can be placed above the area the batter needs to be dispensed on. The stand also provides an area between the counter and the spout to make for easy cleanup.
• Batter Squeezer, $9.95 at Sur la Table: This is the simplest shape in terms of batter dispensing and reminds me a lot of the Pyrex container my mother used to use to shake up and pour batter. This is definitely an all in one container and could easily be used for many more tasks.
• Jobar Handy Gourmet Batter Dispenser, $12.99 at Target: Shaped much like the Kuchenprofi dispenser and slightly better priced, this Jobar dispenser is chic and really easy to use. Pour the batter in the top and easily squeeze the handle to release the batter.
• Batter Dispenser, $16.95 at Kitchen Krafts: Working much like the two stainless steel versions, except this is made of acrylic. Holds up to 4 cups of batter and has a locking lid to store left over batter in the dispenser, so there's no need to dirty another dish.
What do you think? Is a batter dispenser worth it? Do you use one? Tell me if I should take the plunge and pick one up!
Related: Tip: How To Divide Cake Batter Evenly Between Pans
(Images: Williams-Sonoma, Amazon, Sur la Table, Target, Kitchen Krafts)