If you're looking to eat more whole grains, but aren't sure how to prepare them, salads are a good place to start. Cooked grains soak up flavorful dressings without turning to mush, and taste great with crunchy vegetables, sweet fruit and soft chunks of cheese. And they make excellent leftovers, so if you give any of these 10 recipes a try, be sure to make enough for tomorrow's lunch too.
RECIPES FROM THE KITCHN
• Black Rice Salad with Avocado & Grapefruit
• Wheat Berry Salad with Blood Oranges, Feta & Red Onion Vinaigrette
• Barley Salad with Green Garlic & Snap Peas
• Warm Bulgur Wheat Salad (or Reverse Tabbouleh)
• Sweet & Crunchy Quinoa Salad
ELSEWHERE ON THE WEB
• Buttermilk Farro Salad at 101 Cookbooks
• Wild Rice Salad with Miso Dressing at Sprouted Kitchen
• Brown Rice Salad with Crunchy Sprouts and Seeds at Bon Appetit
• Whiskey & Wheat Berry Salad at 101 Cookbooks
• Shrimp, Watercress and Millet Salad at Sunset
Do you have any go-to recipes for whole grain salads?
Related: 10 Fresh, Hearty Grain & Pasta Salads
(Image: Megan Gordon)