Beets add moisture to baked goods without the addition of oil or butter, and they also add a natural sweetness. Win, win!
They're most commonly used in chocolate desserts because they add moisture, yet the cocoa powder and chocolate mask any possible subtle earthy flavor. Essentially, when baking with beets, you're adding antioxidants and nutrients to each recipe without sacrificing taste or texture. A new approach to baked goods, a new recipe, a new year.
Try a Recipe:
• Chocolate Beet Cake with Beet Cream Cheese - Joy the Baker
• Chocolate and Roasted Beet Pudding Cakes - Cannelle et Vanille
• Dark Velvet Beet Cookies - Momtastic
• Chocolate Beet Cupcakes with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting - Simple Bites
• Dark Chocolate Beet Brownies - Sacramento Magazine
Related: Velvety Beet and Cocoa Cake
(Image: Joy the Baker)