Can you believe it's been a year since we bid farewell to LOST? Make a batch of this smoky popcorn to celebrate the anniversary. Also from this time last year, a dramatic blue kitchen, how to throw a successful bake sale, and a look at grain mills.
The posts pictured above are in bold below.
• Chocolate and cupcakes are your tickets to a bake sale win.
• A debate about the merits of sending dinner party reminders.
• Mark Bittman's advice for cooking perfect udon noodles, every time.
• If the weather stays chilly, this hundred-layer lasagna might just be in our future.
• Have any leftover preserves from last summer still in your cupboard? Here are some ideas for using them up before the next batch comes in.
• What's a donkey doing in this kitchen?
• Some help for bakers whose bread falls apart in the middle.
• LOST fan or not, this smoky and citrusy Smoke Monster Popcorn is a hit.
• Can you believe this modern loft kitchen is in a former lightbulb factory?!
• If do a lot of cooking with whole grains, consider investing in a a grain mill.
• This baked risotto with aspargus as springtime written all over it.
• This little pot of lemon thyme was one of the best and most versatile herbs in our herb garden last year.
• Inspiration from IKEA for innovative shelving in the kitchen.
• Soaking onions in water to reduce tears? It's worth a try!
• Even the radiator is blue in this kitchen!
A Year Ago and a Week: A Clever Houseboat Kitchen & How to Cook a Whole Fish