This time last year we were talking about a lamp that burns olive oil, 5 uses for half and half, how to cook eggs in the microwave, 15 maybe-good things from IKEA, and one of THE most popular recipes in our archives: Bacon-wrapped potato bites! (They have a spicy dipping sauce, too, just in case you were wondering.) Read on for these posts plus chocolate apple pie, the secret of how marshmallow Peeps are made, peanut butter balls (and no-bake peanut butter cookies too), a tiny kitchen renovation, and wine picks for Passover and Easter!
Here are some of the most popular and memorable posts from this week a year ago. Posts pictured above are in bold below.
• Great recipes: Braised goat shanks, quince and fig cobbler from Stephanie Izard, bacon-wrapped potato bites, no-flour no-butter peanut butter cookies, dal palak, and milk and honey peanut butter balls.
• How to cook eggs in the microwave.
• Alternative sweetener: Cactus honey powder.
• A $79 dinner party.
• Tips: Break up brown sugar with a whisk,
• Pretty cookies for springtime.
• Wine picks for Passover and Easter.
• Entire archive of posts from this week a year ago.
Previous Year Ago Lookback: Jamie's Chicken in Milk, Goat Tacos, and Stuffed Peppers