2. Roasted Butternut Squash - This works well with a sharp cheese to contrast the sweetness of the squash.
3. Ham and Peas - A childhood classic. We'll still eat it any day of the week.
4. BBQ Pulled Pork - We already love our BBQ with a side of mac n’ cheese. Combining them deliberately is a match made in heaven.
5. Black Beans, Sweet Corn, and Salsa - This spicy southwestern version is especially good made with smoked cheddar.
6. Caramelized Onions, Mushrooms, and Fresh Herbs - Fancy! We sauté the mushrooms until they’re completely golden for extra-savory flavor.
What are your favorite things to mix in to a bowl of macaroni and cheese?
Related: More Ways to Use BBQ Sauce Every Day